Although the coronavirus necessitated the cancellation of our spring and summer events, the Borough will not permit the pandemic to prevent our local youths from having a memorable Halloween. Our annual Pumpkin Patch in the Park will take place on Sunday, October 18th from 12PM to 2PM. Our Recreation Director is working diligently to reconfigure the layout of these festivities so that they can be conducted in accordance with capacity and physical distancing regulations. The municipality will also sponsor its traditional Trick-or-Treating event on October 31st from 6PM to 8PM. The Borough is asking participants to adhere to safety precautions by:
- Wearing face coverings;
- Frequently sanitizing hands;
- Maintaing adequate distance from other participants while passing on sidewalks or queuing at homes;
- Traveling only with members of your hosehold;
- Waiting until you return home to unwrap any candy.
Similarly, the Borough is requesting that homeowners do their part to hault the spread of the virus by:
- Consdering the placement of candy in grab-and-go locations on the exterior of the property;
- Wearing a face covering and minimizing the duration of interactions if you choose to hand out candy directly to Trick-or-Treaters;
- Avoiding the use of communal candy bowls.